111 Lane Parkway
  Shelbyville, Tennessee  37160 
  (931) 684-6241

Emergencies:  911 


The Shelbyville fire department was organized December 2, 1885.  In 1883, a good steam fire-engine and a hook and ladder wagon was purchased by the town at a cost of $22,000.  A steam force pump was also purchased at a cost of $800, which was placed at the mill of Lipscomb & Co.

 


Click Photo to enlarge

Our department has 37 full time and 12 paid volunteer members.  We  operate out of three fire stations and protect an area of approximately  17 square miles with a population of 20,149 people.  Our department  has earned a Class 3 ISO rating. 

station 3. firehall1. firehall2.
Station 3 Station 1 Station 2

 

Historical Picture Page